Remember I bought a SB900 because my SB600 died?
so some pointers you have to consider:
- Order the flashtube from Nikon or Ebay (8-30€ -> an official Nikon repair is 200€…).
- Disassemble the flash and take the batteries out.
- Leave for 3 weeks (REALLY !!! the capacitor is charged and a big zap is waiting)
- De -solder the broken tube
- Replace the tube (watch the side with the wire!)
- Test the zoom while the flash is still open. (so the wires are tucked away nicely)
- Work neatly! (don’t lose any screws, remember what screw goes where…)
The result is this :
thanks Google 🙂