Remember I bought a SB900 because my SB600 died?
so some pointers you have to consider:
- Order the flashtube from Nikon or Ebay (8-30€ -> an official Nikon repair is 200€…).
- Disassemble the flash and take the batteries out.
- Leave for 3 weeks (REALLY !!! the capacitor is charged and a big zap is waiting)
- De -solder the broken tube
- Replace the tube (watch the side with the wire!)
- Test the zoom while the flash is still open. (so the wires are tucked away nicely)
- Work neatly! (don’t lose any screws, remember what screw goes where…)
The result is this :
thanks Google 🙂
A couple of colleagues participated in a triathlon this past weekend, and we actually did good (for bunch of amateurs 🙂 )
In the beginning one colleague suggested we entered the trio-triathlon in Bruges, this is quite ok to do he said. 1km swim, 45km bike and 10 running. This is ok if you’re not going for the best possible ranking! So we entered and Tom did the swimming, Koen the biking and I ran. This was the logic team layout, matching everyone’s ‘best’ event.
We started out as a happy trio, trained a little and participated in Bruges. We finished 383 (out of 1200+) this gave us a big boost. A good result always leads to more crazy stunts right. So we got a little crazier and switched events. Koen was going to swim, I biked and Tom ran. We competed in Izegem and finished 87th.
Up to the next challenge: http://www.triathlonieper.be/
We’re going to compete solo 😉